1. | [i][t] 离开(某人或某处)to go away from a person or a place |
Come on, it's time we left. 快点,我们该走了。 | |
The plane leaves for Dallas at 12.35. 飞机于 12:35 起飞前往达拉斯。 | |
I hate leaving home. 我讨厌离开家。 | |
The plane leaves Heathrow at 12.35. 飞机于 12:35 在希思罗机场起飞。 |
2. | [i][t] 离开居住地点(或群体、工作单位等)to stop living at a place, belonging to a group, working for an employer, etc. |
My secretary has threatened to leave. 我的秘书以辞职相要挟。 | |
Some children leave school at 16. 有些学生 16 岁毕业。 |
3. | [t] ~ sb (for sb) 遗弃;丢弃to leave your wife, husband or partner permanently |
She's leaving him for another man. 她要抛弃他去跟另一个男人。 |
4. | [t] 不立刻做;不马上处理to not do sth or deal with sth immediately |
Leave the dishes─I'll do them later. 盘子先搁着吧,我等会儿再洗。 | |
Why do you always leave everything until the last moment? 你怎么什么事都留到最后一刻才处理? |
5. | [t] 使保留,让…处于(某种状态、某地等)to make or allow sb/sth to remain in a particular condition, place, etc. |
Leave the door open, please. 请把门开着吧。 | |
The bomb blast left 25 people dead. 那颗炸弹炸死了 25 个人。 | |
Don't leave her waiting outside in the rain. 别让她在外边雨里等着。 | |
Leave the rice to cook for 20 minutes. 把大米煮 20 分钟。 |
6. | [t] 使发生;造成,使留下为(某种结果)to make sth happen or remain as a result |
Red wine leaves a stain. 红葡萄酒会留下污渍。 | |
She left me with the impression that she was unhappy with her job. 她给我的印象是她不满意自己的工作。 | |
I'm afraid you leave me no choice. 恐怕你没有给我选择的余地。 |
7. | [t] 留下备用(或销售等)to remain to be used, sold, etc. |
Is there any coffee left? 还有咖啡剩下吗? | |
How many tickets do you have left? 你还剩下多少张票? | |
They are fighting to save what is left of their business. 他们在拼命抢救他们仅余的业务。 | |
The only course of action left to me was to notify her employer. 我可以采取的唯一措施就是通知她的雇主。 |
8. | [t] 忘了带;丢下to go away from a place without taking sth/sb with you |
I've left my bag on the bus. 我把包忘在公共汽车上了。 | |
Don't leave any of your belongings behind. 别忘了带上自己的随身物品。 | |
He wasn't well, so we had to leave him behind. 他身体不适,因此我们只好把他留下。 |
9. | [t] ~ sth 剩余;余下to have a particular amount remaining |
Seven from ten leaves three. 10 减 7 得 3。 |
10. | [t] ~ sb 遗下(家人)to have family remaining after your death |
He leaves a wife and two children. 他遗下妻子和两个孩子。 |
11. | [t] (去世时)遗赠,遗留to give sth to sb when you die |
She left £1 million to her daughter. 她遗留给女儿 100 万英镑。 | |
She left her daughter £1 million. 她遗留给女儿 100 万英镑。 |
12. | [t] 把…留交;交托;委托to allow sb to take care of sth |
You can leave the cooking to me. 你可以把做饭的事交给我。 | |
She left her assistant in charge. 她委托助手来负责。 | |
Leave it with me ─I'm sure I can sort it out. 把这事交给我吧,我一定会解决的。 | |
‘Where shall we eat?’ ‘I'll leave it entirely (up) to you(= you can decide) .’ “我们上哪儿吃去?”“我全交给你来决定好了。” | |
They left me with all the clearing up. 他们把什么都留给我来收拾。 | |
I was left to cope on my own. 就剩下我一个人来单独对付。 |
13. | [t] 递送;递交;投递to deliver sth and then go away |
Someone left this note for you. 有人给你送来了这张便条。 | |
Someone left you this note. 有人给你送来了这张便条。 |
Leave go of my arm─you're hurting me! 放开我的手臂,你弄痛我了! |
Leave go of my arm─you're hurting me! 放开我的手臂,你弄痛我了! |
We'll never agree, so let's just leave it at that. 咱们不可能意见一致,所以这事就这样吧。 |
We'll never agree, so let's just leave it at that. 咱们不可能意见一致,所以这事就这样吧。 |
1. | 假期;休假a period of time when you are allowed to be away from work for a holiday/vacation or for a special reason |
to take a month's paid/unpaid leave 带薪╱不带薪休假一个月 | |
soldiers home on leave 回家休假的士兵 | |
to be on maternity/study leave 休产假;脱产进修 | |
How much annual leave do you get? 你们的年假有多长? |
2. | 准许;许可official permission to do sth |
to be absent without leave 未经许可擅自离开 | |
The court granted him leave to appeal against the sentence. 法庭准许他对判决提出上诉。 | |
She asked for leave of absence(= permission to be away from work) to attend a funeral. 她请了假去参加葬礼。 |
With a nod and a smile, she took leave of her friends. 她点头微笑着向朋友告辞。 |
With a nod and a smile, she took leave of her friends. 她点头微笑着向朋友告辞。 |