1. | (表示有能力做或能够发生)能,会used to say that it is possible for sb/sth to do sth, or for sth to happen |
I can run fast. 我能跑得快。 | |
Can you call back tomorrow? 明天你能回电话吗? | |
He couldn't answer the question. 他不能回答那个问题。 | |
The stadium can be emptied in four minutes. 这个体育场能让观众四分钟全部散场。 | |
I can't promise anything, but I'll do what I can. 我不能许诺什么,但会尽力而为。 | |
Please let us know if you cannot attend the meeting. 你若不能参加会议,请通知我们。 |
2. | (表示知道如何做)懂得,会used to say that sb knows how to do sth |
She can speak Spanish. 她会讲西班牙语。 | |
Can he cook? 他会做饭吗? | |
I could drive a car before I left school. 我在中学毕业前就会开车了。 |
3. | (与动词 feel、hear、see、smell、taste 连用)used with the verbs ‘feel’, ‘hear’, ‘see’, ‘smell’, ‘taste’ |
She could feel a lump in her breast. 她摸到自己的乳房上有一个肿块。 | |
I can hear music. 我听见有音乐声。 |
4. | (表示允许)可以used to show that sb is allowed to do sth |
You can take the car, if you want. 如果想用那辆车,你就尽管用吧。 | |
We can't wear jeans at work. 我们工作时不准穿牛仔裤。 |
5. | (informal) (请求允许)可以used to ask permission to do sth |
Can I read your newspaper? 我可以看一下你的报纸吗? | |
Can I take you home? 我送你回家好吗? |
6. | (informal) (请求帮助)能used to ask sb to help you |
Can you help me with this box? 你能帮我搬这个箱子吗? | |
Can you feed the cat, please? 请你喂一下猫好吗? |
7. | (用于否定句,表示某事肯定不真实)used in the negative for saying that you are sure sth is not true |
That can't be Mary─she's in New York. 那不可能是玛丽 — 她在纽约呢。 | |
He can't have slept through all that noise. 他不可能在那种闹哄哄的环境里睡好觉。 |
8. | (表示疑惑或惊讶)究竟能,难道会,到底是used to express doubt or surprise |
What can they be doing? 他们究竟在干些什么呢? | |
Can he be serious? 他难道会当真吗? | |
Where can she have put it? 她到底把它放哪儿了呢? |
9. | (表示常有的行为和情形)有时会,时而可能used to say what sb/sth is often like |
He can be very tactless sometimes. 他有时太莽撞。 | |
It can be quite cold here in winter. 这里的冬天有时还真够冷的。 |
10. | (提出建议)可以used to make suggestions |
We can eat in a restaurant, if you like. 如果你愿意,我们可以去餐馆吃饭。 | |
I can take the car if necessary. 如果必要的话,我可以乘汽车去。 |
11. | (informal) (表示对方必须做,常指说话人在生气时)必须,得used to say that sb must do sth, usually when you are angry |
You can shut up or get out! 你给我闭嘴,要不然就滚出去! |